Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lee Joon & Kwanghee regret being 'Cluess' & 'Kkap' Idols?




Lee Joon·Hwang Kwanghee, the way of living as a "variety-dol"

"Doesn't it look like the airing of 'SBS "Go Show' got cut?"
"What do you mean? The filming was totally fun..."
"It's been a month since we did the filming but it's not aired yet, right? The episodes with other artists who did their filming later than us were out first."
"No, isn't the delicious thing naturally the last thing to eat?"
"No, I have a bad feeling. Because there were even things that I filmed and then didn't come out..."
"No, when it airs the search words will definitely go up."

It is the talk ZE:A's Hwang Kwanghee had with MBLAQ's Lee Joon. They are age-fellows of 1988 who met for the "companion" interview. Throughout the photoshoot the two people exchanged trivial play on words. Although their inclinations are different, they are both honest without studying faces of people around them.

We met Lee Joon and Hwang Kwanghee. The two people are receiving attention as "variety-dol." Lee Joon rose as a variety blue chip after his appearance on MBC "Radio Star" last April. "I'm a bit of the style that gets tired of." Unexpected remarks without reserve are his speciality. "Lee Joon on 'Radio Star" was so funny that I got tears in my eyes." Even "Infinite Challenge" PD Kim Tae Ho thought highly of Lee Joon's variety skill. Hwang Kwanghee is also a master of "raw remarks." "There are no cartilages in my ears. I used them up to lift my nose bridge." Hwang Kwanghee has become synonymous with "kkap-dol." They are the two that are singers but received more attention with activities in variety. We have asked the two who are walking down the same road about their inside stories and worries.

"The first impression is nothing special"."He has charisma"
-Curious about how they became close

▲Lee Joon: Except the members the only people among artists that I'm close with are Hwang Kwanghee and SHINee's Onew. Secretly I'm very bashful. Kwanghee is the case that he approached me to become close. We were on the same show, and during break time of the recording he came and said, "Let's be friends." After that we got close naturally. Honestly when I first saw Kwanghee the first impression was not even good. Frankly speaking I misunderstood him as "a kid who reviles to be popular." After I watched him on the side, I found that Kwanghee is a friend whose outside and inside are the same without affectation and we became closer.
▲Hwang Kwanghee: When I saw Lee Joon for the first time Lee Joon was at the stage of starting to do variety. Even then Lee Joon was in the movie "Ninja Assassin" and his serious impression was strong. He's also the cool character in MBLAQ, you know. As an actor and as a singer he has the charisma that I don't have. I'm his senior in debut but I felt like "oh there's something I may learn." So I approached him first to get close.

-You two are called "variety-dol rivals." As a "variety-dol" what do you think is the charm of each other? Do you have a sense of competition?
▲Lee Joon: Kwanghee is cheerful and honest. I think that's his strength. I don't have a sense of rivalry.
▲Kwanghee: Lee Joon's words and actions are surprising. He gives unexpected responses, you know. I watched him talking about his nipples during clothing exposure on MBC "Radio Star" and laughed
for a good while. I also think his ability of improvisation on the scene is good. As I went to film SBS "Law of the Jungle" I heard that he burst with a bang. It's good to see. I see him as a rival in variety, but if we go together I think it'll be more fun.

"I'm worried about consuming the frivolous image only." "I asked for it."
-Both of you received more attention as an entertainer than a singer. You are called "clueless-dol" and "kkap-dol." Your worries are?

▲Lee Joon: It's too bad that it seems like my appearance as an entertainer is more impressive to the viewers than my singer activities. Of course it's not something I don't like. However, I blame myself for getting more attention with my side job than my original job. A lot of times I get upset as well. For acting I also want to try legitimate drama, but it seems that only my overly frivolous appearance has been projected all this while. I'm worried that I consumed a lot of that kind of image too. Lately when I'm acting my pronunciation hasn't been good. It's because I don't have enough practice. I'm reflecting.
▲Hwang Kwanghee: I don't feel bad about the modifier "kkap-dol." It's because it's something I brought upon myself. However, there's something I feel sorry for. I'm not a person who does only solo activities but also a member of ZE:A, you know. I'm careful of the part that whether such an image would extend an effect on the group's image.

"I feel a sense of responsibilty in variety."
-Are there times when you regretted that "I think I'm so ruined" on a show?

▲Lee Joon: Even if I went back again I would have done exactly the same. There's no regret. I'm an entertainer. I think it's enough if I appear on shows and bring pleasure to viewers who are tired of hard work. That's my job, right?
▲Hwang Kwanghee: I have similar thought like Joonie's. I also feel a sense of responsibilty on shows. I didn't have it in the past. I did it for living. One moment I felt people's expectation and when I appear on shows that come out I found that I got a sense of responsibility. I have worries. I've appeared in variety too much for a long while. So I'm in the state of running out of topics to say. There are also times when I suffer from stress.

-You two are singers. There are also cold stares looking at you two as "variety-dols." Are there times when you got hurt?
▲Hwang Kwanghee: I don't read internet comments as much as possible, but recently I've found that there has been a flood of spiteful words as soon as the story of "I'm jealous of Siwon (ZE:A member)" came out. Words like "Hwang Kwanghee is originally a bad kid" and "he's garbage" are shocking. A certain netizen even captured many of the evil expressions I've made on the shows, uploaded them and spread them. I thought I did the shows happily with a pure heart, but it's scary to think that "so people would turn their back in a second." I also thought "What should I do in the future?" "Law of the Jungle" became another turning point. To be honest, when it first started I hate going for the "Law of the Jungle" filming. Obviously it's tiring, right? But the reason why I still go is that I'm greedy. I also want to show my natural appearance.

-As an entertainer do you have a role model?
▲Lee Joon: Kim Gu Ra hyung and Park Myung Soo hyung. I saw Kim Gu Ra hyung coming out on KBS2 "Kim Seung Woo's Win Win" and his straightforward appearance is nice. As for Park Myung Soo hyung we even exchange text messages with each other with our cell phones. I'm very fond of him. He said,"Come to eat at my place for once some time."
▲Hwang Kwanghee: It's Yoo Jae Suk hyung. I also want to become a cheerful and easygoing person. But I think shows match well with a bit strong character. A person like Kang Ho Dong hyung seems to be rather comfortable indeed. (laugh)

-Tell me the "variety strategy method" that belongs to you two only
▲Lee Joon: I don't read the script as much as possible. At the same time I also force myself to laugh. I don't set things. I just talk at ease. I don't calculate as well. If I set up something before I go it's not funny instead.
▲Hwang Kwanghee: It seems that my "variety skill" has gone down a bit lately. (laugh) I indeed think that is because I went to "Law of the Jungle" and then have to perform accurate script acting in the sitcom. I'm the type that pours out everything when I come out on shows, so after doing it I have pain all over.

-Who do you think is the hopeful of "variety-dol"?
▲Lee Joon: Well...
▲Hwang Kwanghee: Miss A Min. I found that friend is funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment